Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time to shine - BEDA #12

It's a day that nearly every high schooler looks forward. Most high schools only allow juniors and seniors, but I've been lucky enough to go the past two years, and this will be my third year as my junior prom. (there are perks to being home schooled you know)
The girls get excited and squeal and skip over their dresses and then nearly cry when they can't get their makeup right.
Indeed, it's a stressful and exciting event in one.
It's called prom.
Girls build it up to be some magical event that only happens once a year. And honestly, it is a sort of magical event. Prom gives girls the chance to be able to get dressed up and shine a little bit. As much as I swore I would never be that cheesy girl to say this, it's true: girls of any age like getting dressed up. I got my prom dress back in about September or October of last year, since I have such a hard time finding a modest, pretty dress, which style I like. And ever since I got it I've tried it on a million times. I dance around in it, put makeup on, put all my jewelry on... I can't stop trying it on.
I adore prom. Both of the proms I've gone to have been so fantastic: I had great groups both years, an awesome date, and we have always gone to nice restaurants. I've gotten ready with my cousin the past two years, and there is just something about getting ready with your girlfriends that makes everything so much better.
Actually going to prom is the biggest "party" of the year. And let me tell you, home schoolers know how to party. They know how to live it up. And my group most of all: we bring the party with us. We dance the most at prom, and in my opinion, we have the most fun. The actual event is so much fun: dancing, dim lights, fancy, old ballroom, seeing friends, more dancing, senior lead out... there is so much to it that makes it such a special night.
My prom is tomorrow night.
And I couldn't be more excited.
My group includes a lot of my best friends, and I'm getting ready with all of my best girlfriends. My boyfriend's brother is coming back from college and is taking my best friend. I'm going with my boyfriend, of course. We've planned the perfect night, and it should be amazing, especially since so many of my best friends are graduating this year, and it's the last time they'll go as high schoolers.
I can't wait until tomorrow.

Tho the past two years have been great





I have a feeling that tomorrow will be really awesome. Even better.
It's my junior prom.
And I'm ready to party!

No comments: