Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thank You Notes - BEDA #4

Today I shall be jumping into an idea that I've seen before on blogs and YouTube. It's an amusing way to be ironic, sarcastic, and sardonic in a delightfully witty way. Of course I will be none of those since I'm not witty. However, I do feel like writing thank you notes to some things, so here we go.
And we shall just jump right in:


Dear zits,
Thank you for not appearing on my face at any of my dances in the past, and I'll go ahead and thank you ahead of time for not appearing on my face at my junior prom. Because you won't, right?


Dear mosquitoes,
Thank you for giving me the delight of smashing your guts on my arm. Any success of me destroying your clan brings me great pleasure.


Dear Hunger Games,
Thank you for drawing me in to your mesmerizing story and then leaving me depressed for the next week.


Dear Anne Frank,
Thank you for easily being the most obnoxious, bratty, and inspiring teenager to ever have lived.


Dear Nicholas Sparks,
Thank you for writing such touching stories. Now stop killing people off. I'm starting to get a little creeped out.


Dear Chicago,
Thank you for being the most beautiful city on the face of the earth. And thank you in advance for sending me a plane ticket to get up there so I can start working at the Chicago Museum of Art.


Dear clock in car,
Thank you for always being at least five minutes fast so I feel less late when I get to an event because I can simply say, "Oh, well that clock is five minutes fast."


Dear slouchy beanies,
Thank you for making me look more hipster than I actually am.


Dear hot air balloons,
Thank you for existing. You make my life ten times more happy because of your existence.


And those are all my thank you letters for today. Perhaps I'll do more this month if my creativity level snaps at some point.

No comments: