Sunday, August 28, 2011

I'd Rather Be Living

And I have been. Lots of living to have been done lately.
There is something about simply enjoying simple daily pleasures that make me so happy. Like seeing the first signs of autumn. Discovering new (good) musicians. Chipping all my nail polish off. Owling.
Life has been pretty good lately. It's been pretty happy. It's been pretty full. It's been pretty much amazing. This month hasn't been the greatest, but the past week has been fantastic. And yesterday was one of those days when you want to throw your hands up and scream, "I had the most freaking amazing day ever!" Because it basically was. It wasn't particularly anything special. I didn't even do a lot. But it was so amazing. So fun. So beautiful. And it looked so autumnal outside.

But life has been treating me well.

I went to some of my friend's home church last Sunday for one of my buddy's 17th birthday.
I went to church on Wednesday and had a great time of worship. And had the Lord's Supper. And watched around 15-20 people get baptized.
Got to talk to a person with Downs Syndrome. I love people with Downs. They're so sweet and cute. <3
Broke my typical rule of being a mature, snarky, and old junior by climbing up in the coolest playground ever with my best friend.
Found a three and a half inch long roach on my wall next to my bed soon after I got up.
Heard my brother scream louder than I've ever heard him scream before (which says a lot. Because he screams pretty loudly. And he has a really deep voice. So it's painful. Especially when you're innocently looking at shoes on the DSW website and suddenly your eardrums are busted and you're pretty sure your ears are bleeding)
Was so mad about something I wanted to rip my hair out. But I refrained. And just sat there and smiled. Amusing predicament.
Decided this song was pretty fantastic. Good first dance song at a wedding. Definitely.

And that was just my week. My yesterday was even better. Credit all the pictures (except the last two in this post) to one of my favorite people, Holly <3

Went hiking with all of my best friends
For at least three miles.
And didn't die.
Or even whine.
Saw the first signs of autumn in the deep blue sky and beautiful warm toned light that shone through the trees.
Felt like we were in the Fellowship of the Ring with nine super awesome people walking around in a place that looked identical to places in the movie.
Went to a place that is usually has super awesome waterfalls, but was turned off.
And there were lots of pretty deep pockets of water.
And what do you do when you're hot and there are 27 signs saying don't swim and the water is super pretty and looks awesome?
You go swimming.
So awesome. Except when my cousin, Macy, and Daniel dunked me in the water.
And I had mascara on.
And I looked emo.
And everyone laughed at me.
Swam for at least 30 minutes.
Felt so crazy joyful. Not happy. Joyful. Merry. Frolicsome.
Skipped over tons of rocks joyfully.
Saw a white turtle.
Laughed.
Owled.


Didn't have my camera and was super chagrined about that.
Laid out on a rock and was pretty sure I was going to get a third degree burn it was so hot.
Randomly loved this picture of my brother.

Went back to my friends' house.
Sat around. Talked.
Wanted to take a nap because nothing makes me more tired than swimming (or taking care of three year olds, but that's beside the point)
Watched a video of my friend Rachel rapping when she was eight years old
Listened to RelientK with my brother on the way home
Took a picture with my buddyyy Holly with our Dr. Seuss shirts on


So although I adore blogging.....
I'd rather be living. <3
(so I can later blog about how I'd rather be living. how ironic. and stupid of me)


The cream of enjoyment in this life is always
impromptu.
The chance walk; the unexpected visit;
the unpremeditated journey;
the unsought conversation or acquaintance.
{fanny fern}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! That sounds so fun :) wish i was there! lol :P

Julia said...

Madison, you won my giveaway! Email me w' your address, please, and I'll ship you your jewelry! :D