Monday, August 1, 2011

I am 16 going on 17


I just recently turned 16 years old. And now I suddenly feel old....
Since I was turning 16, however, my friends and I decided that this was definitely a celebratory occasion. And thus we proceeded to party for 25 and a half hours.
Oh yesh.
It all began at my boyfriends house: me, and my buddies: Rachel, Alana, Josh, Steven, Drew, my boyfriend Daniel, bro, Spencer, and cousin, Macy, all went over there about 6:30 to chill out. We had a fantastic time, and had quite a blast.
We went all crazy...
playing an innocent game.
We drank....
Coke.
We got nearly high....
that is a sugar high, with ice cream and brownies.
That's how we homeschooled Christians roll.
Daniel's parents made a fantastic meal for me ('cause of course I'm that special), and then we played an awesome game, which I won by a point against Drew. Which is amazing. We also blasted some Anberlin, and Macy had us turn out all the lights and told us ghost stories. It was pretty fantastic.
I gathered Alana, Rachel, and Macy together to leave, as they were spending the night with me. We got to my house, all got ready for bed... and by that time, we were laughing hysterically about the stupidest things in the world. Which is dangerous. Especially since our agenda for the evening was to watch two chick flicks. Our first chick flick was Leap Year. "On a cliff! In Ireland! With roses!" Hem. Becoming incoherent... then it was on to While You Were Sleeping. "Peter! Uuughhhh." By this point, we were slapping each other in laughter while falling asleep while squealing in excitement. After about four hours of chick flicks, we proceeded to get four hours of sleep.
And then the next morning we cuddled on my bed all morning and continued to laugh hysterically at the stupidest things.
Rachel: "Madison, Macy is flirting with my foot!"
Me: "Don't worry. She's flirted with weirder things before.... like certain guys."
Macy: "Oh shut up! I didn't know he was 14 years old!"
Perhaps you are beginning to get the picture.


Around noon, Daniel, Drew, and Steven all came over to continue partying it up for my birthday. We ate lunch. Blasted some Coldplay. (WHOOOOOO) And then it was time for cake. Now I absolutely hate it when people sing happy birthday to me. Literally. It embarrasses me so badly, which is a feat in and of itself, as about 99.9% of things do not make me feel awkward. But that is the .01% that does. So I told everyone the only way they could sing happy birthday to me was to dance and jump around while they sang. And guess what.... they granted my wish. I joyfully watched all of them jump around and sway and sing in their horribly off key voices. Oh how I do love them... <3
We ate cake. Listened to music. The girls crashed on the couch. Watched a Psych episode. Then it was off to Starbucks to get caffeine since we were still living on four hours of sleep. Mocha coconut frapp for me, bought with my Starbucks gift card from Steven. I was very joyous. Then off to Barnes & Noble, where Alana and I proceeded to pick up a wedding magazine and look at wedding dresses for an hour, agreeing on nearly every one that we liked or disliked. Then reading Dr. Seuss books. Because that's the only way to go. And then photography books.
And then to Chick-fil-a to eat chicken noodle soup since was cloudy and rainy outside. Then back to my house. Where I nearly crashed. Too. Little. Sleep. At around 8 or so, everyone left. Which shows my point: unless you don't count the four hours of sleep (which I do, 'cause I was partying in my dreams), we partied for 25 and a half hours. And that, my dear people, is the only way to celebrate a 16th birthday.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Happy Birthday, Madison!

*snickers* You are SO not old. Wait until you hit 20! Yeah! :P :D I'm used to it now and enjoying being looked up to as an adult, but it was certainly something I had to adjust to. :)

Neat to see pics with Alana and Rachel in them... I know them but hardly ever get to see them. :D

Enjoy being sweet 16! :)
Julia

tinyheart said...

Haha,sounds like you guys had way to much fun.;) By the way, I LOVE YOUR SHIRT! :)

tinyheart

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!
It looks like you had tons of fun! I'm kind of jealous: I hid under a rock on *my* sixteenth birthday. Well, not literally, but you get the idea. :P

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! <3
So did you get a car? :P Anyway- Happy Birthday! Glad it was so awesome!! :)
~Haley