Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer in My Corner of the World

Summer.
It's that beautiful time of year when lazy days of sleeping in until 10, watching Psych, dancing around your room to Parachute, reading How Green Was My Valley, playing Cranium with your best friends is all commonplace. It's wonderful.
Summer consists of everything joyful.

Summer is hanging out with your best friend.


Summer is listening to your favorite bands.

{coldplay}

{parachute}
{gahhh aren't they beautiful? yesh. yesh they are}


Summer is planning your sweet 16.

Summer is chillaxin with your boyfriend's little sister.


Summer is being totally freaked out with your best friend, driving home on back roads, positive you're being followed by ghosts or something equally terrifying. "She was standing there... wringing her hands and wailing!... but they never actually saw her."

Summer is laughing really hard.


Summer is driving by lazy, breezy fields at sunset.

Summer is sunshine.


Summer is getting a post card in the mail.

Summer is painting your nails unsummerish colors.



Summer is getting ready for summer camp.

Summer is imagining that fantasy hot air balloon ride.


Summer is talking to your best friend for five and a half hours straight.

Summer is reading books in the yard.



Summer is wearing converse with shorts.

Summer is gardening.


Summer is sitting at Sonic wishing you had enough money to buy a slushie. Too bad you bought that Starbucks iced mocha.

Summer is making YouTube videos.




Summer is sitting out on the back porch at night eating Starbucks ice cream.

Summer is smiling. A lot.

1 comment:

Julia said...

AHA! I found you! :D Yay! Thanks for leaving me that comment, or I never would have found your new blog... Hi Madison! Lol.

Well! I am adding you to my 'follow' list right now. And now I will read the rest of your blog and catch up on your life a bit! :D

Great post on summer, by the way, although I was unable to see the video as I'm on the upstairs computer which blocks youtube....

Hugs,
Julia

P.s.
My biggest goal for the summer is to get back to blogging at least 3 times a week, so you should be seeing more of me in the bloggy world. If not, holler at me, will you? :D