Sunday, February 13, 2011

Starbucks & Other Doings

So. I've been thinking about so many things lately. Thoughts just floating around in my mind. Too many things really. I feel like my mind is about to bust with all the things I have been considering and turning over in my mind as of late.

Such as
Starbucks.
Yes, Starbucks is too big a part of my life. My mom and I go to a particular Starbucks every single Sunday afternoon/evening and talk for a good hour or two. It's just a habit of ours, and a very delightful one at that. But I have discovered we've been going there far too often. There is a nice young guy up there who almost always works Sunday afternoons/evenings, and so we see him all the time. A few weeks ago he commented, "I seem to see y'all a lot up here." We just chuckled and agreed. And tonight, I had the pleasure and yet almost horror of discovering he knows my name. You know, they always ask for your name so they can write it on the cup, and after I ordered, he looked at me holding his Sharpie and said, "Madison?" I just grinned and nodded. I find it somewhat disturbing that this guy who I know nothing about and who I've never had a proper introduction to or conversation with; this guy knows my name? Somewhat odd.
But that is the consequence of going to Starbucks too much, I suppose.

Other doings.
Well, we all know what tomorrow is.
Valentine's Day.
The big day.
That is, the day that MOST people freak out because they don't have a "Valentine." Well, I already had two nice guys be my "Valentine" this year. ;-) Hehe! Ahhh the joys of being loved. First of all, my wonderful Daddy, who always gets me something, got me a huge box of Russell Stover chocolate and a card. =) I definitely have to say, my Dad has got to be the best in the whole world. Ever. The picture of what he got is over there. <----------
And then.... there was my boyfriend. :] He got me a super cute mug from Starbucks (if you've been to Starbucks recently, I'm sure you know one of the ones I'm talking about ;) and then some snack stuff from Starbucks. It made me sooopperr happy (yeah, I have to spell super wrong to make an emphasis. Sorry) SO. that is my Valentine's Day. Tomorrow, the actual day, will probably be relatively boring and I'll do school all day. Yipee. But at least I had some good stuff beforehand. ^_^

Now of course I've been turning over other things in my mind. Such as deep topics of interest that people don't typically talk about. I suppose part of the reason I've been thinking so much is because at church, my parents Sunday School class has been doing The Truth Project (if you've never heard of it, go look it up. It's a great, wonderful, awesome "tour", as they call it). But with such a name, you can expect deep topics.
Such as
Where does evil come from?
Who is man?
What is truth?
Those get your mind working, let me tell you.
And the more I think about these things, it makes me consider what I usually think about.
Do those things really matter in the grand scheme of things?
Nope.
But do those things? Can these questions and the answers to these questions change someone's life?
Yep.
So what is more important to ponder and spend our time thinking about?
--
And really it interests me, because watching The Truth Project, you get to see videos of people from different world views talking about what they believe. Things such as - man is basically good, there is no free will, there is nothing but the cosmos and nothing outside of the cosmos, there is no evil in man, etc. And seeing these different world views, I have to wonder how people can possibly believe them. It's so difficult to see people fall for such awful lies.
But for now my mind is going dead. Next time I'll try to expound on one of these

And, as for more 'other doings'.....
Nail polish. Mock trial. Prince of Persia. Reading. Thinking some more. Piano. Friends. Bourne Identity. Laundry. My favorite socks. Pumps or flats? Sleep. Naps. Sleep deprivation. Music. School. Notes to self. Frizzy hair. Children. School vs. chilling out. Chilling out vs. naps. 1 hour long naps vs. 3 hour long naps.

Sleep is on my mind at the moment. Right now all I'm running on is the white chocolate mocha I drank earlier. Brain dead. Deprived of sleep. I'm becoming incoherent.
I think I'll go for now. And next time I shall try to expound on my deep thoughts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Madison! :) I just stumbled on your blog, and enjoyed reading this post; I'm a Starbuck's junkie too... my mom and I get frappes more than twice a week! Anyways, I'm following you because I'm a collector of fun, pretty, well-kept blogs, and yours is definitely one of those! I'm glad your v-day was lovely. Keep up the bloggin'!