Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year & Weird Resolutions

So. It's a new year. You're probably over all the excitement of the new year... yea... it's 2011.
And as it's a new year, most everyone has made new year's resolutions which will probably last a week, at best. Well, I too, have made some new year's resolutions. But they're not quite as normal as most people's resolutions are. I actually only started making a list last night, and the weird thing about these resolutions is for one thing, I'll be adding to them all year, and for another thing, they're not even really resolutions. They're more like a list of things I want to do this year.
So without further adieu, here are some of the things on my list, which I will continue adding on to over the rest of the year:

  • Read 50 books
  • Take a photography class
  • Read the whole Bible
  • Buy two new pairs of boots
  • Get an outstanding witness award [in mock trial]
  • Run a 5k
  • See a shooting star
  • Learn the definitions of 50 obscure words
  • Apply for and win a scholarship
  • Meet a famous person
  • Watch 50 movies
And that is part of my list. ^_^ Strange, yes, but I'm more likely to do those things than to exercise regularly, 3 times a week, without fail. And besides. I'd rather have fun this year than work my tail off trying to stay in shape.

I guess in this new year, there are two things I'm striving for:
1. Honor God and grow closer to Him
2. Have a super exciting year

I feel like I really need to spend more time with God this year. I'm not terribly disciplined in a regular quiet time. And not just that, but I want to grow closer to Him. And that isn't accomplished by just reading my Bible. I know I need to start trusting more, start praying more, start letting Him live through me more. And that is what I'm striving for more than anything this year. I know it's what I need to do.
And the second thing I'm striving for? Well... I can explain that. Excitement. It's what I want. Last year was not only one of the worse years I've ever had, but it was quite boring. I want to do something really cool and exciting. Like go to Scotland over summer vacation. Okay, that's not happening, but I want to venture out some. Do something totally different for once. I guess I'm becoming one of.... those .... teenagers who wants to venture out and do something crazy and different.

And THAT. Is what I'm looking at doing over the next year.
We'll see how it goes ^_^

Happy New Year to all

~Madison

1 comment:

emii said...

Hey Madison! Cool as blog you have. Love your resolutions... I guess I'm one of those kids wanting to do something different, too. Whatever God tells me... here's something I've been trying lately. Whenever I want to go on the computer, have quiet time and read the Bible instead. :)